Bar & Restaurant Safety
Relax in Secure Surroundings
Room Service Only at Present.
Currently, food and beverages are only available via room service.
We will update this page with further news shortly. In the meantime, you can read about all our safety initiatives for when dining concessions re-open.
The utmost care and attention has been taken in ensuring you can enjoy all of bars and restaurants in a safe, secure environment. Our COVID-19 taskforce has implemented the following measures for the safety of both guests and staff.
- The buffet is no longer self-service. It is now served as a showcase event by the waiting team.
- Staff will wear gloves and PPE in the buffet service area
- Acrylic barriers will be in place
- Signage will establish the social distancing of guests as they wait their turn at the buffet.
Washing Dishes, Cutlery, Utensils and Tablecloths
- The usual rigorous hygiene methods will be employed for the washing of dishes, glasses, utensils and cutlery – which are all sanitised and disinfected in a dishwasher
- These items will then be dried using specially designed paper towels
- Napkins and fabric tablecloths will be washed in cycles of a minimum of 70°C
- There is a maximum of four people per 10m2
- Tables arranged so the chairs are more than two metres apart: with customers on adjacent tables at least two metres away
Further Dining & Bar Safety Measures
- Adoption of acrylic protection barriers on tables or reduction in occupancy of spaces by 1/3 to maintain the distance between customers
- Seating sessions implemented to reduce the number of diners in restaurants at one time
- Back and front of house teams (including servers) to wear gloves and relevant PPE
- Outside seating has been increased
- Reservations are now mandatory
- Acrylic protection barriers at the main bar counter
- Reduction of allocated places by 1/3
- Signage will establish the social distancing of guests as they wait their turn at the bar