Keeping You Safe on Our Golf Courses
New Rules For Algarve Golf
Golf Courses Currently Closed.
We will update this page with further news shortly. In the meantime, you can read about all our safety initiatives for when the golf courses re-open.
All members of the golf and maintenance teams have been fully trained on a host of new guidelines and protocols designed to make golfing on our courses safe and secure. Rigorous cleaning regimes have been set up, along with social distancing and a host of new policies that go above and beyond the recommended guidelines.
We want our golfers to have the best possible experience, and for everyone to remain safe as they do so. Please find our new safety guidelines below:
- Golfers must not attend any course or facilities if they have been in contact with an infected person within the last 14 days
- Golfers must not attend any course or facilities if they are exhibiting symptoms such as cough, fever, or difficulty breathing
- Players must access the facility as close as possible to their start time, and leave straight after
- All players must observe social distancing and keep two metres away from staff and other golfers at all times
- The sharing of equipment is no longer allowed
- Golfers must not clean clubs, trolleys or golf shoes on-site
- All guidelines will be presented on scoreboards around the course and facilities
On the Golf Courses
- Reservations must be made in advance of the game via phone or email. Golfers may only attend the facilities on the day, following confirmation by the golf course – and always adhering to the rules laid down in the General Etiquette section
- Rakes will be removed from bunkers. Sand must be smoothed back with feet or club
- The flag of each hole must not be removed or held at any time
- Golfers are now required to mark their own scorecards
- Results must be returned to the technical committee in electronic form
- Buggies and rental equipment will be carefully disinfected by staff before and after use
Training and Warm Up Areas
- New social distancing protocols are now in effect on the driving range and all practice facilities
- Hand sanitiser dispensers have been placed in the practice area
- When training with a golf pro / coach, social distancing must be observed, along with the use of the relevant PPE equipment
- All training equipment will be sanitised by the golf pro / coach
- Golfers will wait (at their allotted time) in the reception area to be met by the pro / coach
- Only golfers and staff may attend the clubhouse
- Maintenance and service of clubs and equipment will be unavailable until further notice
- Changing rooms will be unavailable until further notice
- Where possible, payment is preferred via electronic methods
- Hand sanitiser dispensers have been placed at the entrance and exits of the clubhouse
- Regular cleaning of all surfaces will be carried out by staff
At present, group lessons, tournaments and a number of other activities, including a range of social functions are not possible under the current guidelines.
Once we have more information regarding these areas we shall update these policies and procedures.